Saturday 25 February 2012

A Positive Attitude and Affirmations (Beginner)

A few months ago a good friend introduced me to the concept of affirmations- and affirmation is anything that you do or say. There are positive and negative affirmations and in order to help yourself achieve your goals and be as happy as possible you need to change the way you speak to yourself. An example would be instead of saying "I'll never learn a new language it's too difficult" you would constantly reinforce the message "I am learning a new language." By saying and thinking positive affirmations you are opening a door within yourself and taking the first step towards your goals. The idea is that by constantly pushing the negative thoughts quickly away and replacing with a positive affirmation you reprogram the way you think and recondition yourself on the whole.


My friend gave me the book "Experience Your Good Now!" by Louise Hay and recently I've been spending time reaching parts and listening to the CD that came along with it. Although I have tried to put affirmations into practice from time to time over the past months, last night I decided to give a true go.


Today has been a pretty great day. Although I'm sure the weather and inspiring surroundings have something to do with my positivity I have also been making a conscious effort to push away any negative thoughts that have crept in. Today it has been simple things such as "Oh no the train doesn't come for ages" or "The bus is uncomfortable and too crowded" were replaced by "I get to spend time in the sun for longer" and "Look at all of the people that are out enjoying time with the family". I know these are affirmations in the traditional sense but I have been replacing negative emotions with something positive and it has changed my whole outlook.

I am still very new at this and have to spend more time learning out affirmations and how to introduce them into my life but I feel like I'm going in the right direction. I have been the queen of talking or writing about something and lacking the follow through and action needed. So to that, in the spirit of a positive attitude and affirmations, I say "I am successfully implementing positive affirmations into my life" and "I am living positively and full of happiness".

*Also feel free to correct me or offer advice around using affirmations because as I said this is all still very new to me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are making good use of the little book

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm glad to be a part of it in all kind of senses. It does feel like spring inside out.

    ReplyDelete