Sunday 9 March 2014

Women's day weekend

I was looking forward to this past weekend for ages as some friends from London (who we haven't seen in way too long!) were coming down for Saturday night. Also it was international women's day and I of course love celebrating how amazing women are :) 

I volunteered for the lgbt youth project and for my work at a women's day fair here in Brighton. It was nice to get to know some of the people I volunteer with better as well as spend a bit of time with my colleagues. And who doesn't love stickers! There was also some great music and feminist speakers to spread love and awareness.


Two of our friends decided to come to Brighton unexpectedly because the sun was shining. We were happy we got to catch up with them for some bubbly on the beach and huge ice cream sundaes at Lina's cafe. 



Then it was on to the night-time festivities. There was a women's day queer club night complete with fire dancers, a yurt bar, and some funny performers. We wished the music was a bit better but loved to catch up with these great girls and for our Brighton friends to meet our  London friends :) 



Sunday brought more sunshine and cloudy heads. We headed to the beach for a bit before the girls headed back to London. Then Lina and I went for a Sunday roast at the Irish pub downstairs and then watched greys anatomy and had a nap :) 





This weekend was definitely a well needed break and I was surrounded by so many good people. The sunshine makes me excited for another summer in Brighton and many more beautiful weekends like this. 

Xbecky 

No comments:

Post a Comment