Wednesday 23 November 2011

Thanksgiving thanks...

Thanksgiving is a big holiday for us Americans, right up there with Christmas. It's a day to spend surrounded by family and eating ridiculous amounts of amazing food. I sadly haven't been home for thanksgiving since 2006 but luckily I have friends who help me to celebrate every year. :)

On facebook some friends are putting up something they are thankful for every day of November and I thought I would take this spirit to my post this Thanksgiving and highlight some things I am thankful for in my life.

I am thankful for my partner who is there for me through the good and the bad and who I hope to spend the rest of my life with.

I am thankful for my parents who raised me to be open-minded and that I could do anything that I set my mind to. Who are always there for any of us no matter how much we messed up.

I am thankful for my sisters and brother who, although we are all very different, I can always depend on and who are the only ones who can truly understand where I'm coming from.

I am thankful for my friends here in London because being so far away from home they have become my family here.

I am thankful for my friends back home in the states because no matter how much time passes I still feel connected and supported.

I am thankful to be doing a job that I like and to have gotten where I wanted to go. This includes being thankful for a steady income that allows me to do things I enjoy including traveling.

I am thankful for the knowledge that no matter what I will be ok because I'm surrounded by caring people and have opportunities to progress and grow.

So this Thanksgiving I hope to have good food with good people... and I hope that I can continue to be grateful every day for who I have in my life and trust myself enough to grow and always be happy.

2 comments:

  1. Are you missing home right now? Many of the American bloggers who visit my blog are putting up Thanksgiving posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for bringing the best of the American stuff over and reminding us to be thankful as well.

    ReplyDelete