Tuesday 8 November 2011

Self-Care

I've had a particularly grueling past few weeks at work without a moment to reflect or even consider self-care. It's taken its toll on me physically and mentally and I know that I cannot continue on in the way it has been. I stumbled upon a blog exploring self-care today that reminded me what I definitely should have been considering all along. http://selfcarefairy.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-09-25T21%3A36%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7

The nature of the work I do requires that I leave work at work, which of course is easier said than done. I know that I bore my partner with the negative emotions of my day because I'm not processing my feelings like I should, not thinking positively, and not making the time to take care of myself. It's the perfect concoction to lead to burn out and I'm not ready for that yet, or ever hopefully.

So two points that I'm going to start with from Shannon's blog is to write it down and to make a vision board. I need a way to let out my feelings about confidential subjects and in general just release some of the negative emotions that sneak in throughout the day. And the vision board is way for me to sort out what is important to be right now and what I want for my future which I haven't had the time to think through lately.

I'll let you know how it works! but in the meantime check out the link above because I think it's really helpful in starting a journey of self-care.

No comments:

Post a Comment