Friday 28 March 2014

A hike and a competition

Last Saturday we got to venture into the country side of West Sussex. We went to the award's ceremony of a photo competition put on by the RSPB because I won my category with a picture of Lina jumping (as usual!). It was supposed to be a rainy day but we lucked out and it was blue skies all around. We decide to hike the 2.5 miles from the train station to the visitors' centre where the event was being held. It was a bit cold but we got to take some nice pictures and I only had one small melt down when my feet sunk into the muddy puddles and I got my leggings muddy. After the awards ceremony it was pretty cold.. and I wasn't wearing socks as they got wet in the muddy puddle incident... so we opted for a taxi ride back to the train station. 
overlooking Arundel from the train
Venturing into the wild

a grainy phone pic of my wining canvas :)
          
A cold couply picture while doing the pond dipping

And another while waiting half and hour for the train :) 
These pics are all from my phone but I'll have to put up more of mine and Lina's when I get a bit of down-time at home. 

So all-in-all a pretty great Saturday. It's always good to get away for a few hours and to be able to spend some quality time with Lina as well. We've both been working a lot so don't get a lot of days off together lately. 

In other news.. we're planning an Easter in Wales with our friends, Huw and Vaida, and I, for one, am incredibly excited about the prospect of seeing puffins! I'm preparing a few new drawings with the hopes of creating prints and I hope to put them up on Etsy soon. We're seeing our friends, Sarah and Alex, tomorrow with their adorable little twin boys after way to long so I'm definitely looking forward to that! :) 

All in all there is a lot of busy-ness in our lives but also lots of good! 

xBecky 





1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the photo competition, Becky! What a lovely photo; those judges know what they're talking about.

    ReplyDelete