Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Power of a Smile


Today I had a pretty great interaction with a client. We were completing some ordinary paperwork when she said to me "You're always so happy, everyday you're always smiling. It's contagious. I always smile when I see you."

This meant SO much to me. Since coming to the UK I feel as if I've lost my smile, motivation, and inspiration. I've felt a bit deflated and that my big American smile had disappeared. This sweet woman, whose struggles are exponentially greater than most, made me realize a few pretty monumental points. One, I am big biggest critic and find it difficult to see the greatness in me. Two, I am happier since we've left London and I feel more relaxed and able to enjoy my days and my work. Three, I am doing the work that I want to do. and Four, the affect that I can and do have on other's around whether it be positive or negative. Although, these are all things that I have been thinking about and may seem quite normal it has really opened my eyes again and put it all in a better perspective.

Today I've been feeling a bit low physically and emotionally but this beautiful compliment has brought a huge smile to my face and tear to my eyes. Never forget the power you have to make someone else's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment