Saturday 12 April 2014

Springtime is here!

The rain has mostly held off around here lately and it's lovely to see flowers in bloom! The week has been another one full of work but it included some interesting challenges and other bright moments as well. 


Last Sunday spent a bit of time watching the Brighton marathon. The pictures below are pretty low quality but gives you a bit of the feel of the day. Marathons and other races tend to make me quite emotional so I have to admit I was  bit tearful. I'm sure there are some deep-seated psychological reasoning behind this... but mostly it's the atmosphere of cheering and so many different people taking on this huge challenge. 

Work-wise, it was a pretty interesting week as I had a meeting to further expand the young person's project that I'm working on and I helped to facilitate a workshop on Health and Wellbeing. Both things made me nervous but I felt they went well and it's definitely helping me to grow! I've been out of the office doing outreach in the community and I have to admit I'm liking it a lot, but am also pretty behind on the paperwork side of things. 


Other perks of the week were having a movie night with some friends to watch Blue in the Warmest Color
It's a film we've been looking forward to seeing for ages and it didn't disappoint. It was full of a complicated and many-layered relationship that still has me thinking. It was a perhaps a bit too long and not as happy as I'd like but I did enjoy it. I'd definitely recommend!

Lina and I also went to a boxing class that pretty much killed me, but I'm glad we went. We've also been doing a lot of dreaming and planning around our upcoming trips! We're going to Wales for Easter weekend to do some camping and hiking, and to see some puffins! Hopefully my cousin, Joelle, will be visiting at the start of May. And next month we're off to the US to go to Katie's wedding, the Bermuda cruise, and a bit of a road trip in NY state. 

Today, I'm working a few hours then we're heading to the park to celebrate our friend, Sarah's birthday.. and the rest of the weekend is going to be a bit of playing catch up, resting, and hopefully finally finishing some art pieces I've been working on! 

I'll leave you with some more great Brighton street art :) 



xBecky


No comments:

Post a Comment